When it comes to writing, nothing beats a human with good writing skills.
Communication is always better between humans. However, we understand that sometimes you need to save time, and what seems more tedious than writing meta descriptions, right?
That’s why, today, we’re going to help you by looking at some alternatives for a workforce.
In this post, we will list the best meta description generators available!
They are AI writing tools that have specific features for this type of task. If you’re looking for AI writing tools in general, take a look at our other posts where we’ve looked at some of them.
While AI writing tools are generally paid, the good news is that their meta description generators tend to be free so you can get a feel for what AI is capable of.
Now, before we dive in, let’s talk a little bit about what meta descriptions are and why they are important.
Meta descriptions (or SEO descriptions) are the short descriptions people see when they find your content in search results. They sell your content to potential readers.
Therefore, it is essential that they look professional to attract more clicks and improve your search engine optimization.
Three important things every meta description needs to have:
- a length not exceeding 160 characters
- a call to action (CTA)
- and your keyword phrase or a synonym
However, don’t be surprised if you don’t see your meta description when performing a search!
Sometimes Google or other search engines won’t show the description you created. I know, it’s super sad.
Instead, they can choose a piece of text from your post or a featured snippet depending on their search query.
Still, you should always have meta descriptions on all your posts for the times when Google really wants to show them. And don’t worry, thanks to artificial intelligence, you don’t have to waste time on it!
So let’s see:
Best meta description generators
With big customers like eBay and Nestlé, Copy.ai is great for improving your creativity and writing short marketing texts. They have very thorough tutorials and blog posts to help you get the best out of Copy.
Plus, they have around 90 types of content to choose from.
Its meta description generator, like its other copy generators, shows you several options so you can select the one that sounds best to you. You can use the tool for free, but you need to create an account first.
- Powerful free plan.
- Very affordable.
- Supports more than 25 languages.
- No SEO tools integration.
- Free Trial: 7 days free access, 100 plays per day.
- Alone: $35 per month. Unlimited runs and access to all tools.
- Multiple seats: customized. Collaboration features.
Jasper (ex Jarvis, ex Conversion.ai) is an AI writing tool that helps you write a wide range of different types of content. You can write ads, product descriptions and even long form content with a Google Docs style editor on its top plan.
With Jasper, of course, you can also generate meta descriptions, which will automatically include an urgent CTA (Call to Action).
- Built-in plagiarism.
- SEO Integration.
- More than 25 languages. You can even enter your product data in one language and get the output in another!
- No free evaluation.
- Starter: $24 per month if paid annually. Write 20,000 words a month.
- Boss Mode: $99 per month if paid annually. Unlimited words and project folders.
Both plans include a 7-day money-back guarantee.
With Rytr, you can automatically generate high-quality content for a variety of use cases: responses to customer reviews, website copy, emails, and more.
Rytr is particularly good for project management as it allows you to store and organize all your projects in one place, with a simple folder structure for internal and customer needs.
Similar to CopyAI, Rytr’s meta description generator is free but requires you to have an account. Also, you can select the tone of voice of the output so that the result is exactly how you want it!
- Perfect collaboration features.
- It supports 30 languages.
- Compatible with mobile devices
- It doesn’t have tons of templates.
- Free plan: Generate 5,000 characters per month.
- Savings Plan: $9 per month. Generate 50K characters per month.
- Premium: $29 per month. Unlimited characters.
Fun fact: “frase” means “phrase” in Spanish. Unlike most writing tools, Frase does not use GPT-3 for content generation. They have their own proprietary AI model that allows them to provide more flexibility, custom features, and competitive pricing.
Frase meta description generator is online for free and anyone can access it, no account required! And it even lets you select the level of creativity you want your production to have.
- Online for free.
- Supports 8 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and Danish.
- Help with research and briefing/design, in addition to writing.
- It does not include a plagiarism checker, but recommends using one before publishing AI content.
Frase has a 5-day guarantee for its three plans:
- Basic: $44.99 per month. Includes one user seat and 30 articles per month.
- Team: $114.99 per month. Includes three user seats (you can add more for $25 a month) and unlimited articles.
- Company: customized. Unlimited users and personalized services.
You can get an SEO add-on and get unlimited AI-generated characters for $35 per month.
Like many others, Writesonic was born after Open AI released GPT-3 about two years ago. The platform now has an AI article/blog editor, paraphrasing tool, and landing page generator, as well as other features.
They also have interactive demos on their website so you can check out how it works.
Among its marketing tools, you will find SEO meta tags for blog posts and products.
- It supports 25 languages.
- Offers a free plan.
- Compatible with mobile devices
- No plagiarism checker.
- The free trial includes 6,250 words.
- Short-form: $10 per month if paid annually. Write up to 30,000 words.
- Longform: $13 per month. Write up to 47,500 words.
INK defines itself as the only tool that offers Natural Language Optimization (NLO). This is basically Natural Language Processing optimized with a competitive analysis. So Ink will track the top-ranked posts, see what makes them work so well, and apply that knowledge to your content.
Its meta description generator is available for free to everyone with an account and allows you to select which tone of voice to use.
- Natural language optimization.
- Dyslexic and colorblind modes.
- Free plan.
- Does not include multiple languages.
Ink offers two plans for its AI writer:
Paid plans have a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Out of ink: Get 5,000 AI-generated content outputs.
- Ink Pro: $25 per month if paid annually. Get unlimited AI words and access NLO.
You can also go with their package:
- Ink Suite Professional: $60 per month if paid annually. It includes an SEO Optimizer, Content Planner Pro and other features.
smart copy is a new standalone product offered by Unbounce which helps you to write a wide variety of texts, including meta descriptions.
In addition to meta descriptions, they have several templates to choose from and Smart Copy will give you recommendations based on your brand profile. And they have a desktop app so you can use Smart Copy in any app.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Supports Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, German and French.
- Chrome Extension.
- No plagiarism checker.
Unbounce offers three plan options:
- If you don’t need to write much, go with the Starter plan, which is TOTALLY free. No credit card required, nothing. You have 40 credits monthly.
- The essential plan costs $19 per month and includes 200 credits per month and three profiles.
- If you want unlimited copy creation access, unlimited profiles and access to Writer, choose the Growth plan. It costs $49 a month.
As you can see, there are many great options when looking for a meta description generator. They typically come as part of a bundle with other AI writing tool features, which is awesome if you want to take the power of AI to other use cases.
However, if what you want now is just a meta description generator and nothing else, then Frase might be the best solution for you as it is online, free of charge and no account is required.
Still, all the tools on this list have really cool features to help you write anything. So I recommend you take a look at them or check out some of our reviews so you can get a better sense of their benefits.
Have you tried a meta description generator before? Or do you prefer to write your own descriptions? Tell us your opinion in the comments!